If you are moderately fit, then you can do this ride. Some people on previous rides didn't even own a bike until they decided to join friends on Cycle Queensland.
Ride at whatever pace you want. It doesn’t matter if it takes you two hours or all day to pedal between each campsite. On Cycle Queensland you’ll never be on your own. We have marshals, mechanics and First Aiders on the route as well as food and rest stops. There’s even a SAG bus just in case you (or your bike) can’t quite make the distance.
Just make sure you get out on your bike as much as you can in the lead up to CQ13 so you can easily manage the daily average of 61km and still have some energy left over to enjoy the nightlife. Go to Preparing for the Ride for recommendations for an easy to follow preparation plan. If you would like more km's then you can do our Long Option rides (Days 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8) adding an extra 90km total.
Don’t forget that there are 2, 3, 4 or 7 night accommodation packages available (optional extra) for those that don’t feel like camping the whole trip - check out AllTrails Luxury Package.pdf for more information.
- I'm only new to bike riding ....
A bike fit session (to make sure your bike set up is all good) will be available to first time CQ-ers in the lead up to the start of the ride. A Bike Fit session will be held in August. Keep an eye on "Latest News" for the exact dates and booking details.
- Will I make the distance? Come on a test ride ...
Test rides will be available to first timers in the lead up to CQ. This will be a great chance to test out your fitness, meet other riders and get all the "insider tips" from CQ regulars. Test rides will be held in June, July and August.
- Want to know more? Come to an Info Session.
We have loads of information, photos and lots more that can help you gain an understanding of this event. Information Sessions will be held in Brisbane, Cairns, Atherton and Hervey Bay in the lead up to CQ13.
1. Tuesday 19 March at Souths Leagues Club, Jane St, West End - 7pm start. To register follow links from the Bike Week program.
2. Wednesday 17 April. Cairns Library, 151 Abbott Street, Cairns (Meeting Room 1), 7pm start.
3. Tuesday 23 April at Brisbane Square Library, George Street, Brisbane (Ground Floor, Tiered Theatrette) - 1pm start
4. Wednesday 8 May. City Hall, Kent Street, Maryborough (Committee Room) - 6.30pm start.
5. Thursday 9 May. Hervey Bay Community centre, Taylor Street, Pialba. 6.30pm start.
6. Tuesday 14 May. Souths Leagues Club, Jane St, West End - 7pm start.
7. Wednesday 5 June. Gordon White Library, Phillip Street, Mt Pleasant - 6.30pm start.
More information sesions will be added once finalised.
To RSVP contact the BQ office.